Gloria's Garden & Paper Crafts

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator



Friday, October 23, 2015

What's Going On?

Hello my friends,
I've been really busy in the past couple of weeks, but I haven't forgotten about you. First off, my family is doing great and my sister e-mailed me that she will be moving back to the Midwest. Yeah! I'm so glad that she will be closer, even though it's still "states" away.

Second, I've been enjoying the Fall weather and I wanted to show you what our house and garden looks like at this time of the year. Here it is:



The tree is in our front yard, it's really getting the gold color of autumn, but eventually we will have a lot of red in the leaves in the next couple of weeks.

I haven't shared that I got a dog this past summer. I adopted her from a local rescue organization. She's 3 years old and has never had a "fur-ever" home. Her name is Annie and she's my sweet buddy. She's part Golden Retriever and part Chow Chow. Her favorite thing to do is to chase squirrels and snuggle with me. Or maybe the snuggling part is my favorite thing to do! 


I've also gotten involved with a Relay for Life Team. I'm a retired cancer nurse and the American Cancer Society (ACS) is very important to me. They do a lot of research to help with treatments for cancer and they promote a preventative life style. The picture below shows the people that are part of the Leadership Team. We met at my house and as you can see, we love to eat as we work on trying to think of ideas for funding our team for ACS.


As you can see, it's been a busy couple of weeks, but, I can't forget about card making and scrap booking. I've been working on 2012 scrapbook...yes...I'm that far behind. I've also been working on the November Stamp Camp and here is a picture of one of the cards we will make:


Sorry about the glare in this picture, but you can get the idea. I hope you'll be able to make it to the November Stamp Camp and make this card. We have a lot of fun and I love to teach so, don't worry if you don't know anything about card-making!

Take care,
Gloria






No comments: