Gloria's Garden & Paper Crafts

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator



Monday, October 12, 2015

Grateful for October


I love this card with the layers and rustic elements. This is another card that the Stamp Camp group will be doing this coming Saturday, Oct. 17th. It can be used as a thank you card or as a Thanksgiving card. I'm also thinking of making some decorations for the Thanksgiving table in the same design to hold the silverware and place each persons name instead of "grateful" on the design. Won't that be cute? Once I get one done, I'll post it so that you can copy it. 


I was trying a new technique with these cards. I used watercolor paper and colored the background with beautiful fall colors. I used Marina Mist, Tangelo Twist, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and & Soft Suede. I taped it down on my desk before starting and then saturated the paper with water, then I started to apply the color. I love how it turned out. I stamped the trees and words in Memento Black and fussy cut around the trees. I love that it shows the new Woodland Textured Embossing Folder from Stampin' UP! in the background.

Randy and I have been cleaning up the yard and it looks pretty empty, but the autumn colors are starting to show in Southwestern Michigan. Today, will be another beautiful day...Indian Summer...in the 70's and I'm going to enjoy it by sitting on my swing and reading "art" books.

Take care,
Gloria




No comments: