Gloria's Garden & Paper Crafts

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator



Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Daffodil Delight!


I can't wait to get out of the house and work in the garden. Jeez it's been so cold today, it's only 39 right now, can't you see the daffodils shivering! In fact, my sister-in-law, Shirley, said they got snow in Watervliet! I didn't see any here, but, I'm closer to the lake and it might have jumped over us and landed further inland. Once it gets a bit warmer, I'm planning on adding some perennials just to spice up the garden; maybe some fresh herbs that I can dry or freeze (LOL..."spice up the garden"..."freeze"...it's already freezing here..."guffaw"). I have to research herb preserving because I've never done it before...can't be too hard, though. Since, I'm trying to change my eating habits, I need to do what I used to do 30-40 years ago and start canning and freezing, again. I used to like doing it, even though it's a lot of work. I always felt that I was providing good wholesome food for my children and as the years went by and life got busier, I gave a lot up because of working as a nurse at the hospital. Well, now, I have more time, and I'm going to try to enjoy all of the fresh food that grows in Southwest Michigan. When it gets warmer, I'll be outside planting some annuals and I might sneak in a tomato plant or two.

See you in the garden,
Gloria

No comments: