Gloria's Garden & Paper Crafts

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator



Monday, April 20, 2015

April Showers Bring...

May Flowers


Spring is one of my favorite times of the year, but this year it is very special for me because I have been given a gift of new life. Last week, I had a heart attack. Huh, didn't think it would happen to me. I have been dealing with lupus for many years and with osteoarthritis, but the heart attack added a new spin to my life. I had a left reverse shoulder replacement on January 26th; retired from my job after 25 years at the hospital on April 4th; then had a short stint at another job then had a heart attack. I think the Lord wants me to stop. I did. Now, to get it together again!

So today, I thought I would get my blog running again. I have one through Stampin' UP!, but it was too much of a pain to get things in and out. I love this blog because it's easier...I hope! So, since, I've been laying around resting, I have also been creating. Let me show you a few things I've been doing.


I love this card, I made this in February, thinking about spring. I used the All Abloom paper and I used the Wonderful Wreath Framelits that are still available and in the Occasions Catalog. I love the color combination of Daffodil Delight and Lost Lagoon!


Isn't this a fun card? This card was the one we were going to make at a technique class on April 11th, but low and behold the heart attack happened on April 9th, so I couldn't do the class. I'll have to show you how to color the glitter paper another time!

I'm in love with the Berry Basket Bigz Die and the From the Garden Framelit Bundle. I love the little plant spikes that you can place in a basket or on a card. Also, I love, love, love the Bow Builder Punch! It is so easy to use and just the right size for cards or baskets.

Easter came along and I made these cute little bunnies for the grandkids! They loved their cards and of course, the money that was in them!

This card was made from left-overs from the Perpetual Calendar Kit that I did last month with a few of my friends from Craft-A-Thon! I used the Star EF along with some star punches and one of the Sale-A-Bration sets and I love the red, white and blue theme. The blue stars were left over from the kit.

Well, that's all I have for you this time. I hope that you'll visit again and see what I've made. I hope you'll follow the link to the Stampin' UP! catalog and have fun with some of the products that I used. You'll be able to order right off of my website.

Take care,
Gloria

No comments: