Gloria's Garden & Paper Crafts

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator



Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Resolution's Re-visited

Ok, now it's been exactly two weeks since I've had any cookies, cake, ice cream, pie or carbs made of white flour. So, how am I doing, you ask? Well, not bad, but I'm still craving the sweets. I know I'm going to be able to loose some of the craving for it, but, WHEN?

I got weighed yesterday, and I lost 5 pounds. That's good, since, I'm trying to follow a sensible diet, not a crash diet. I want my eating habits to be changed forever, not just during a diet...oh...I shouldn't say DIE-t. It conjures up pain and agony for me. Ok, I'll think of it as a "Healthy Lifestyle Change", and I'll feel a lot better once I make the changes I'm trying to accomplish (thank you Dr. Tara).

So, now I'm thinking healthy and health. What is real health?

Well the Random House Dictionary says, " 1. n. The general condition of the body or mind with reference to soundness and vigor. 2. Soundness of body or mind; freedom from disease or ailment. 3. A toast to a person's health. 4. Vigor, vitality."

That's what I want to achieve..."Vigor, Vitality, Freedom from Disease or Ailment!" But, do I have to do it the hard way? Isn't there a magic bullet to make it all happen? Does it have to be painful? Or frustrating? Or depressing? Of course it doesn't. It's about being just 1% better each and everyday. It's about surrounding yourself with people of like minds and resolutions. It's about prayer and asking God to help me through those tough times...not to take the tough times away...but to give me the strength to rely solely on Him.

Ok, so I talked myself out of my "poor me" funk and onward to VITALITY! YAHOO! I can do it...Yes I can...YES, YES, YES!

I feel better. So, now, I can get down to the reason why I have this blog, namely, to share what I love with others. Yes, you know what I'm going to say...stamping and scrapbooking. I've been working on the cards for our February stamp camp and they are turning out beautifully. The group picked out some samples from my swap box and decided they wanted to make them for the next camp. I want to share one that we'll be making. It's a beautiful card designed by our own Nancy Brown.



I loved this card when she swapped it with me, and I'm glad I get to make it with my stamp campers. It uses the Big Shot and Flowers Layer #3 Bigz Die (there's that word again...oh...it doesn't have a "t" attached...so...no worry...Phew!). We'll be making two of these beauties, and although I placed a "Get Well" greeting on it, any greeting would fit the card. I'm also using the Designer Series Pattern Pack III paper that is given to Hostesses when they have a workshop. It has some beautiful patterned paper in Ruby Red, Mellow Moss, Sahara Sand, Really Rust and Night of Navy. I used the Mellow Moss and Basic Black cardstock on this card and the Mellow Moss pattern paper for the background. I can't wait to use the other colors in this pack. The card is very simple to make, although you have to run the cardstock through the Big Shot a few times to make the flower. Well, here is your sneak peak of the card for February. I hope you can come to camp and learn how to make it.

Until the next time--

Gloria

No comments: