Gloria's Garden & Paper Crafts

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator



Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

 
Posted by Picasa

Resolution & Prayer Book

Yes, I start with a list a mile long, and end up completing about a third of what I want to accomplish. This year I'm trying focus on only three things:
Goal: Keep my life balanced. That means equal amounts of physical, mental and spiritual needs will be met.

Resolutions:

1. Maintain a healthy lifestyle: Lose weight, stand up tall, exercise.
2. Maintain a healthy mental status: My job is pretty stressful, so, the way I de-stress is through my creativity with scrapping and cardmaking. So, one of the ways for me to de-stress is work on my projects.
3. Maintain a healthy spiritual life: Meet with God everyday and read my Bible.

So, how do you reach your New Year's resolution? Well, you have to have a plan and be organized. I happen to love to organize, but when I get too many projects going at the same time...it's impossible to be organized. I meet myself "coming and going!"

Resolution # 1
Ok, so my first plan is to try to keep a running total of funds that I save, by taking my lunch to work. At the end of the month, the money I save will go into my "mad money fund." So, I made a notebook, with Stampin' Up! paper to keep in my pocket. It'll also remind me to write down the things I eat during the day. I'm trying to maximize vegetables, fruits, water and protein and stay away from empty calories and processed foods.I'm also going to keep track of my activity during the day. Walk a bit more and try to take the stairs instead of the elevators at work. I'm going to do 1% better everyday, and by doing this I'll accomplish my first healthy living goal.

Resolution # 2
Healthy living goal number two is to spend time doing what I love, and that is to scrap and make cards. This year I want to focus on my scrapping, so, I'll complete a two page layout for my personal scrapbook each week. It will be fun to work on my scrapping! Sometimes I fall into the trap of over-preparing for my Stampin' Up! events, so,I'm going to try to "keep it simple" this year and have fun!

Resolution # 3
This resolution should be the number one thing I do in my life, but, as I'm not perfect, I fall short of keeping my "date" with God. I will take the first 1/2 hour of my day before I start work, to communicate with God & read my Bible. To be honest about this, I have a larger notebook for noting my thoughts each day and writing my prayer concerns and thanksgivings. Of course, I've prepared the notebook with beautiful Stampin' Up! paper. :)

Well there you have it! Three goals, a plan and motivation! It's going to be a great year, and I know that I'll be healthier by the end of 2010!

Ok, now for the Stampin' Up! posts. I have a great project you can do at home that is simple and a great way to start out the new year! Cover a big notebook and a little notebook with beautiful Stampin' Up! paper and start achieving your goals for this year. The notebooks will keep you accountable! I'm attaching a picture of one I've recently done. These make great gifts, too! Enjoy making your notebooks and Happy New Year!

Gloria

No comments: