Gloria's Garden & Paper Crafts

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator



Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanks For You!



Thanksgiving Day! I can't believe it's here already! I'm not cooking this year and it feels wierd! No turkey in the oven at 0700, no stuffing being prepared, no pies sitting on the counter, no table set with my fance dishes...it feels wierd! I usually have everyone over for the holidays, but in the last few years it has changed. Most of my family lives quite a distance away, and those that live closer have other family that they celebrate with on the holiday. So, last year it was just Randy & I, but I cooked the whole meal just for the two of us. It was nice and we enjoyed it, but different!

This year, Randy and I are going to my ex-husband, Tim's house in South Elgin, IL. Every time I tell someone this, I get a strange look or comment. Yes, it is a bit wierd, but, you know, I'm over all the pain and sorrow from that time, and I've never hated the man, nor his wife. In fact, I still love him (differently) because he is the father of my children, and Mark & Ben are the love of my life along with Randy, of course!

I have so many things to be thankful for...a wonderful husband that treats me like a queen (how would I have him without divorce???). He puts up with all of my idiosyncracies, including my insatiable appetite for anything with crafts. I'm thankful for my children and grandchildren and for the joy that they bring to me. I'm also thankful for the wonderful friends that I've made through the years, and for the new friends that I've made through Stampin' Up! I wouldn't have known you otherwise, and I'm thankful for all of you.

Well, I could go on and on about how I'm thankful, but this blog would be sooooo long! Dr. Tara (my chiropractor)challenged me to write down 25 things I was thankful for last Monday. I did it in 2 minutes and filled the page, so, Wednesday, she challenged me to think about the things that were challenges and list 25 that I'm thankful for...well...I guess you know at least one of them! I'm going to his house for Thanksgiving and will enjoy it immensely! Well it's Thanksgiving morning...no turkey in the oven, but...I hear a "turkey" (Randy) coming down the stairs...better sign off...Have a wonderful Turkey Day!

No comments: