Gloria's Garden & Paper Crafts

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator



Saturday, March 21, 2009

Update on Stamp Camps!


Hello my friends,

After last stamp camp, many of you felt that I should re-organize the camp with Advanced Stampers and Beginner Stampers in mind. So, that's what I have done. When you go to my Web Site: www.stampingcharacter.stampinup.net you'll see that the camps have been re-named to indicate the change. Please note that the projects will be geared on Tuesday Stamp Camps to "Advanced" stampers and Wednesday Stamp Camps will be geared to "Beginner" stampers. As time goes on, I know that my "beginner stampers" will become "advanced stampers", too! When that happens, I'll just add another beginner camp and I'll have two advanced camps! I can't wait for that to happen!

Ok, now for the project that I want to share with you this week. Above, you'll see a beautiful, but simple card.

Supplies:
Pacific Point Cardstock (8 1/2 x 11 cut in half)
Garden Green cardstock
Whisper White cardstock
Tangerine Tango Classic Ink
Tangerine Tango 5/8 inch Grosgrain Ribbon (13-14 inches)
Pick A Petal and Pocket Silouettes Stamp Sets
Stampin' Up! Anywhere Glue Stick
1) Cut Pacific Point in half vertically to make a 4 1/4 x 11 inch piece of cardstock, fold in half to make a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card.
2) Cut Garden Green cardstock to 3 5/8 x 3 7/8 inches.
3) Cut Whisper White cardstock to 3 1/2 x 3 3/4 inches.
4) Stamp open circle from Pick A Petal stamp set with Tangerine Tango classic ink in lower right corner of Whisper White. Stamp dot within the circle. Stamp petals around the dot.
5) Stamp "Thanks so much" from Pocket Silhouettes stamp set in upper left corner. (I used a "thank you" stamp, but I can't remember which stamp set!)
6) Assemble card by gluing the white onto the green, then the green onto the blue. Make sure when you glue the motif to the blue that you glue it closer to the top of the card.
7) Tie Tangerine Tango grosgrain ribbon around the bottom of the card. Make knot and trim ends.
8) Voila--you have a cute simple card! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jennifer Graham said...

I'm so glad you will be starting a beginner stamp attack! Sound like fun. I would like to join!

Gloria said...

Cool, I hope you can come to the next one on Wed., April 15th. Let me know for sure!